What does this policy cover?
This policy describes how Hamilton Rugby Club (also referred to as “the Club”, “we” or “us”) will make use of the data we handle in relation to our members and players, including our use of the SCRUMS (Scottish Rugby’s player management system).
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data from you or your parent when you join and when we carry out annual renewals of your membership. This includes:
- your name
- your gender,
- your date of birth,
- your SCOTTISH RUGBY ID (as assigned in SCRUMS)
- your home address, email address and phone number;
- for junior players we also request School Attended, School Year, and for your consent to their data access.
- for active players and junior members, Next of Kin information for contact in the event of a serious incident at the club where support is required. For example, to inform a family member where an injury requires hospital treatment;
- on leaving the club, a member may be asked to complete a Leaver Survey asking to identify key areas for club improvement;
- your passport and NI details, where we have to check your eligibility or ability to work for us;
- your type of membership and involvement in particular teams, or any key role you may have been allocated, such as Coach, Child Protection Officer, Membership Secretary etc.;
- your payment and/or bank account details, where you provide these to pay for membership;
- your marketing preferences, including any consent you have given us;
- your medical conditions or disability, where you provide this to us with your consent (or your parent’s consent) to ensure we are aware of any support we may need to provide to you.
- your application, CV, development and performance reviews, and other documentation pertaining to your employment (be that on a paid or voluntary basis).
Some information will be generated as part of your involvement with us, in particular data about your performance, involvement in particular matches in match reports and details of any disciplinary issues or incidents you may be involved in on and off the pitch, such as within health and safety records;
What information do we receive from third parties?
Sometimes, we receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you are a child, we may be given information about you by your parents.
We may receive information relating to your existing registrations with other clubs or rugby bodies or disciplinary history from Scottish Rugby. Additionally, for certain role holders or those working with children, we may receive information from Disclosure Scotland and Scottish Rugby on the status of any PVG check you have been required to take.
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where you make a payment for your membership and any merchandise, or enter a competition. This includes:
- taking payments;
- communicating with you;
- providing and arranging the delivery or other provision of products, prizes or services;
As required by the Club to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to manage and administer your membership and your involvement with our teams and club, and to keep in contact with you for these purposes;
- we will also use data to maintain records of our performances and history, including match reports, score lines and team sheets;
- we use CCTV cameras to maintain the security of our premises, and may use this video to investigate incidents at the Club;
- we use match day and significant club data to promote the club online through the website and hosted social media sites. For example to celebrate a long serving member, promote a game or otherwise increase community wide awareness.
Where you give us consent:
- we may handle medical or disability information you or your parent provides to us, to ensure we support you appropriately;
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
For purposes which are required by law:
- we maintain records such as health and safety records and accounting records in order to meet specific legal requirements;
- we ensure, where you will work with children, that you have undergone an appropriate PVG check – this is also carried out with your consent.
- where you hold a role at the Club requiring us to check your right to work, we may process information to meet our statutory duties;
- to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
Some limited information may be shared with other stakeholders in rugby, such as other clubs, Constituent Bodies, referee societies, league organisers, or other Rugby Unions so that they can maintain appropriate records and assist us in organising matches and administering the game.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our or Scottish Rugby’s legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
We will not share your details, be they provided directly or through a 3rd party such as the Scottish Rugby or Pitchero, with any other organisation for any purpose.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances. These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Much of the information listed above must be provided on a mandatory basis so that we can make the appropriate legal checks and register you as required by Scottish Rugby Rules and Regulations. We will inform you which information is mandatory when it is collected. Some information is optional, particularly information such as your medical information. If this is not provided, we may not be able to provide you with appropriate assistance, services or support.
How do we manage your data?
All data is retained within the Pitchero Website for our membership with any restricted access to data depending on the role held within the club. For example, an U15 Coach only has access to the data from that age group and cannot see personal or sensitive data from other age groups or sections.
All representatives of the club have access to a club email account which takes the form firstname.lastname@example.org which is managed through our email provider IONOS, formally known as 1and1.co.uk.
In addition to the above, we collect data for our Youth Section through JotForm and store information for registration and attendance in Google Suite, a secure restricted access server. Some of this information is used to enter data into Pitchero for both the player and parent.
Where data is provided, with consent, in hard copy this is stored in a secure filing cabinet with restricted access. This is either handed to the individual at the end of their active involvement with the club or securely destroyed within the timeframes outlined later in this policy document.
How do I get in touch with you?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, you can get in touch with The Secretary at Hamilton Rugby Football Club, 121 Bent Road, Hamilton ML3 6PY or via email at email@example.com
How long will you retain my data?
We process the majority of your data for as long as you are an active member and for 3 years after this. We will retain information held to maintain statutory records in line with appropriate statutory requirements or guidance.
Email correspondence from club managed accounts will be deleted within 3 months through our email provider IONOS, formally 1and1.
We will maintain records of individuals who have registered on SCRUMS, records of PVG checks and the resulting outcomes and other disciplinary matters for such period as is set out in Scottish Rugby’s privacy notice.
Records of your involvement in a particular match, on team sheets, on results pages or in match reports may be held indefinitely both by us and Scottish Rugby in order to maintain a record of the game.
Our website is hosted by Pitchero and if you have registered as a member/player/official/parent on our website there will be personal details on record. You can protect, amend or delete any of these details by managing your account details directly. For parents it also allows access to control the data of their child(ren).
Updated June 2019